Its crazy how fast my two little girls are growing up, sometimes I am in awe of some of the profound things they may say & then sometimes I am downright shocked !!! But I guess that’s all part of being a parent and watching your girls find their own two feet in the world. So its with this that I start to think in the blink of an eye they will be that little bit bigger and what is it that I would like to impress upon them before they go out into the world (way off but never to early to think ahead I say….)
- BE KIND… so important to me wether your a boy or girl just treat people the way you would like to be treated – it really is that simple!!
- Be your own kind of beautiful don’t think that following everyone else is the only way to fit in, who says everyone else is right and don’t judge others who don’t want to follow the group who wants to be a sheep anyway!
- Follow your dreams whatever that may be – I will support you as long as they make you happy.
- Don’t let money define you – yes I am a realist and we all need money to survive but don’t let it define your happiness or your success be generous and you will receive ten fold in return.
- Marry a man who loves you as much as your Daddy – then you will truly know your heart will never be broken and will have your own happily ever after…
Wow thought it would be hard to come up with 5 but honestly I could go on forever if it wasn’t for the fact that my real life calls me …. take care everyone and may you all find your true happiness whatever that path may be .
So you’re the lucky friend or family member getting to organise the Baby Shower & stuck on where to begin. Well you have come to the right place for an easy step by step hassle free Baby Shower.
Step 1: As the old sane goes timing is everything. Usually Baby Showers are held in the last trimester between 6 to 8 months so provided the Mum to be is available during these two months I would work around these dates. It is always a good idea to check with family & friends when suits them best too, but obviously you won’t be able to always accommodate everyone but always good to keep this is mind when choosing a date.
Step 2: Where to host the Shower. Obviously it should be anywhere but the Mum to be’s place. It’s wouldn’t be fair for her to have to clean up after everyone & be hosting the day. If you can’t have at your place try the Grandma to be or another family member, usually they will be happy to have the event. In terms of décor it might be best to talk to the person holding the event about what you both think would work considering it is there place you don’t want to take over.
Step 3: Decide on décor is the Baby Shower for a boy or girl, or if unknown is there anything the Mum to be loves & would like to decorate her little ones room with for example Safari Décor, Colourful like a rainbow, city chic the list goes on! Once you decide this go for it … the sky’s the limit! Maybe think about organising a gorgeous Nappy Cake as a centre piece for the food table, and make sure to follow through the theme on your invitation as well !
Step 4: FOOD! Again depends on the time of day if it’s in the afternoon then have an afternoon tea – with little sandwiches, finger foods, cupcakes & a cheese & fruit platter (this is making me super hungry!) Drinks can be tea, coffee & champagne with strawberries … yummy! If over lunch obviously those sandwiches need to be bigger more fillings, maybe some warm food like sausage & spring rolls. If a breakfast shower try little pancakes with ice-cream or croissants with ham & cheese filling.
Step 5: GAMES… there are so many game ideas online but some good ones I have played are the following:
- Toilet Paper Measurement – How much toilet paper would fit around the mum’s belly. Everyone gets to take a strip of toilet paper off too their desired length of how big they think the mum’s belly would be, then at the end the Mum measures her belly with toilet paper whoever is the closest wins a prize.
- Don’t Say the word BABY – give everyone a diaper pin, or dummy on a chain & when anyone says the word baby whoever calls it gets to keep their diaper pin or dummy on a chain, whoever has the most at the end of the shower wins.
- My Water Broke – Buy a packet of jelly babies & freeze them in ice-cubes once guests have all arrived pour them a drink & give them the ice-cube with jelly baby inside. The first one who’s ice completely melts has to shout my water broke & they win.
It’s usually a good idea to have at least 3 to 5 games allowing sometime for opening the gifts towards the end of the Baby Shower everyone loves baby gifts so cute!
Happy Planning X
Welcome everyone to my very first blog! What do I know about blogging not a real lot, but here I am writing to you all about my new venture Babyblossoms and making sure to deliver beautiful Nappy Cakes to your love ones, family and friends.
So where did it all start while actually when I had my first son I was given a Nappy Cake by my mum, and I was hooked I didn’t unwrap it for months!Needless to say he never got to wear the actual nappies in the cake as he outgrew them, but it was just so cute and made the perfect display on his chest of drawers in his room! So here I am nearly 10 years later and finally giving a nappy cake business a real go, after making countless nappy cakes for friends and family I decided why not turn this hobby into something more.
So please feel free to contact me directly through our contact page about any special requests you may have or likely choose from our online store. Happy Shopping !